Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The target is so close, it's impossible to miss.....

"You don't stick your neck out and try to change the world.  I understand that.  I don't feel like I can change the world.  I don't even try.  I only want to change this small life that I see standing in front of me, which is suffering.  I want to change this small real thing that is the destiny of one little girl.  And then another, and another, because if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to live with myself or sleep at night."  Somaly Mam, The Road of Lost Innocence
Small steps.  Seeing the person that is in need, standing right in front of you.  Reaching out beyond the bounds of your own suffering to lift up someone else.  Making a difference, one child, one woman, one young man at a time.  That is the most that any of us can be expected to do, and that is exactly what we are each called to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment